Friday, September 5, 2008

My Treasure


In January of 2004, when I was about eight, I moved to a new house in Youngsville. Then one cold winter day, some people came by and looked at a house across the street which They bought, they had a son my age named David. When they finally moved in I met him. We a lot and started exploring the neighborhood. We went in his backyard and saw a four-wheeler trail. We walked around until we found a pond. We went down the hill and saw another trail and followed it until we found a little river that led to all these beautiful rocks. David said “Hey, maybe, we could start a rock collection.” I thought that was a good idea. Now, four and a half years later, we have tons of beautiful rocks from amethyst to fluorite. My grandma helped us out a when she took me to a science museum where we looked at lots of rocks. When we were done, we went to the gift shop and I found a few charts with some rocks on it that told me where and what they were. After that day we had a total of around one-hundred and fifty rocks. Now we keep them in this little purple container and are still looking for cool rocks.Now we also have an extra little man, my brother Caden. He’s helped us a lot, but the best rock that he got us was an emerald when we went to Pennsylvania with my Gram and Pap and bought a pack of rocks at penn’s cave. I would say our rock collection is a very special treasure because we had lots of people help us.

2 comments:

Cici said...

Wow, that is a great story but, you need to put more thing on your blog.

Anonymous said...

Nice story. ;D